This month we are focusing on MRI procedures. What happens during a procedure? How is Sunnex Lighting involved?
What Happens During a Procedure?
- The MRI machine looks like a long narrow tube with two open ends. The patient lies down on a movable table that slides into the opening of the tube. A technologist monitors the patient from another room.
- The MRI machine creates a strong magnetic field around the patient, and radio waves are directed at the patients’ body. The magnetic field or radio waves cannot be felt, and there are no moving parts around the patient.
- During the MRI scan, the internal part of the magnet produces repetitive tapping, thumping and other noises. The patient might be given earplugs or have music playing to help block the noise.
- In some cases, a contrast material, typically gadolinium, will be injected through an intravenous (IV) line into a vein in the patient’s hand or arm. The contrast material enhances certain details.
- An MRI can last anywhere from 15 minutes to more than an hour. The patient must hold still because movement can blur the resulting images.
How Is Sunnex Lighting Involved?
- Due to MRI machines using powerful magnets, the presence of metal in the exam room can be a safety hazard if attracted to the magnet. Metal objects can distort the MRI image even if not attracted to the magnet.
- Sunnex Lighting supports two MRI Compatible lighting options:
- Both the Celestial Star MRI and PF Series MRI versions support 30ft cords extending from their transformers which position the lights outside of the magnetic field for safe use.
- Both models are made of MRI compatible materials and are approved by both GE and Siemens for use with their MRI solutions.
Celestial Star MRI Features:
- Unlimited flexibility and reach – offering head-to-toe coverage in surgery.
- Virtually maintenance-free design with no hidden components.
- Unique counter-balance offers drift-free performance.
- Space-saving design.
PF Series MRI Features:
- Powerful, 50-watt halogen light source.
- Adjustable jointed arm for easy positioning.
- Mobile caster base with easy-glide wheels.
- Weighted base for added stability.
For the entire month of January we are offering 10% off any MRI light configuration. Don’t miss out on this deal!
Have you experienced an MRI procedure before? Send us an email at Info@Sunnex.com.